Cricket Willow UK Scholarship applications open
In an exciting partnership for the Central Highlands Region, Cricket Willow is for the twelfth year offering a young cricketer a part scholarship to play a season of club cricket in Yorkshire, England from April to September 2018.
Under the part scholarship, a Central Highlands Region cricketer will spend a season with Houghton Main Cricket Club in the South Yorkshire League.
Thanks to the generous support from Houghton Main Cricket Club, the Central Highlands Cricket Region and the Tinetti family at Cricket Willow, the scholarship will also include the following:
- A return airfare to the UK to the maximum value of $2,500
(note: player may have to cover costs if over and above $2,500)
- Provide accommodation & employment support while in the UK.
- Club Membership
- Jabaroo cricket gear valued at $1000.
The selected player will be required to –
- Gain own travel insurance (approx $400)
- Gain a working visa (approx $80)
- Gain a passport
- Book own flight
- Buy a Houghton Main tracksuit top (£25)
- Gain international drivers license (for manual car)
- Assist with clinics & promotion of cricket before departure
The patron of the scholarship is Geoff McRae, a former chairman, Life-Member and long-time administrator of the Central Highlands Region Board. Geoff has made a tremendous contribution to cricket in regional Victoria and has overseen the development of many young cricketers in the Central Highlands Region.
Cricketers from the Central Highlands Region aged between 19 and 28 years are invited to submit an expression of interest by Monday 11th December 2017 emailed to email@example.com or addressed to Central Highlands Region Board, PO Box 229W Ballarat West, 3350. The expression of interest must include the following:
1. A brief summary of:
(a) your cricketing achievements.
(b) any cricket coaching or other coaching roles you have completed
(c) your future aspirations for cricket, study and employment.
(d) why you would like to spend a season playing cricket in the UK.
2. A current resumé with details of your schooling and employment history.
3. Contact details for two referees.
4. A signed agreement from your parents or guardian to confirm financial commitments can be met (for those applicants under 21 years of age).
The expressions of interest will be assessed on merit by a Selection Committee made up of the Region Board, Cricket Willow and the Regional Cricket Manager. The main selection criteria will be cricketing ability, leadership qualities, maturity and sportsmanship.
Last season’s winner was Jonty Wall from the Wendouree CC.
The successful applicant will be announced at the Central Highlands Region State Championships Cap Presentation Dinner on Thursday 4th January 2018. Following the announcement it is expected that the successful applicant will be available to assist with several initiatives to promote cricket in the Central Highlands region in early 2018.
For further information go to http://centralhighlands.cricketvictoria.com.au or contact Regional Cricket Manager Campbell Waring Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 04278 39548.